Workers who have difficulty climbing into the back of a tractor trailer just by using the ICC step will find it much easier by the use of the Slide Away Step. Not only will this make it easier to gain access to the tractor trailer; it will make it much safer. Every year a fairly high number of fall related injuries occur from drivers climbing into the back or side door of a tractor trailer. Avoid injury and make your job easier by installing the Slide Away Step onto your trailer.
Many tradesmen use trucks and trailers to haul materials. Farmers hauling grain, welders hauling equipment, mechanics hauling cars, truckers hauling everything and loggers hauling logs all need to climb onto their trailers or into the box truck. These workers who have knee problems or arthritis in their hips or leg amputations or balance issues cannot climb the tall, straight ladders onto the 52-inch-high trailer decks. The multiple steps with wide and deep tread on the Slide Away Step makes it possible to climb more safely and with less pain for all these situations.
- 14" wide and 6 1/8" deep steps
- 20 9/16th" deep when folded.
- This retractable step slides out for maximum convenience, storage, and safety.
- Features a self-cleaning grating with a serrated leading edge, the Slide-Away-Step offers superior traction when compared to punched metal products.
- Red powder coated for high visibility.
- Perfect for rear or side door trailer entry.
- Available with optional chain and latch.
- Meets OSHA, ANSI, and NAAMM standards
Ships from Manufacturer - up to 3 week lead time as these are built-to-order.